To the Hebrides : Samuel Johnson's Journey to the western islands of Scotland and James Boswell's Journal of a tour to the Hebrides / edited by Ronald Black
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784
- Uniform Title:
- Journey to the western islands of Scotland
- Edinburgh : Birlinn, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 645 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Black, Ronald and Boswell, James, 1740-1795
Full Text available online
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784—Travel—Scotland—Hebrides
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795—Travel—Scotland—Hebrides
- Authors, English—18th century—Biography
- Authors, Scottish—18th century—Diaries
- Hebrides (Scotland)—Description and travel—Early works to 1800
- Western Isles (Scotland)—Description and travel—Early works to 1800
- Scotland—Description and travel—Early works to 1800
- 9781841584676 (pbk.) and 1841584673 (pbk.)
- Combines and intermixes the complete texts of Johnson's Journey to the western islands of Scotland, first published in 1775 and Boswell's Journal of a tour to the Hebrides, first published in 1785.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 456-606) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4310280