My fair lady [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures ; lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner ; music by Frederick Loewe ; screenplay by Alan Jay Lerner ; produced by Jack L. Warner ; directed by George Cukor
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (173 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lerner, Alan Jay, 1918-1986
Loewe, Frederick, 1901-1988
Cukor, George, 1899-1983
Hepburn, Audrey, 1929-1993
Cooper, Gladys, 1888-1971
Brett, Jeremy, 1933-1995
Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950
Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967)
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Premiere collection
- Language Note:
- In English with optional soundtrack in French; optional subtitles in English or French; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- A Cockney waif is transformed by a linguistics professor into an elegant lady.
- Audience Notes:
- Rated G.
- Based on the play: Pygmalion / by George Bernard Shaw; and the musical play by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe.
Originally produced as motion picture in 1964.
Restored from its original version in 1994.
Special features: Feature-length audio commentary that includes art director Gene Allen, singer Marni Nixon and restorers Robert A. Harris and James C. Katz; behind-the-scenes documentary 'The fairest fair lady'; alternate Audrey Hepburn vocal versions of 'Show me' and 'Wouldn't it be loverly'; interactive menus; production notes; 4 theatrical trailers; scene access.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Harry Stradling; editor, William Ziegler.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway, Wilfrid Hyde- White, Gladys Cooper, Jeremy Brett, Theodore Bikel.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, Dolby Digital Surround 5.1, mono., widescreen version and dual-layer screen formats.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Shenango copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
- Academy Awards: Best picture and 7 other Oscars, 1964.
View MARC record | catkey: 4310828