Bakhtin and genre theory in biblical studies / edited by Roland Boer
- Atlanta : Society of Biblical Literature, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 238 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Boer, Roland, 1961- and Society of Biblical Literature. Annual Meeting (2004 : San Antonio, Tex.)
- Semeia studies ; no. 63
- Introduction: Bakhtin, genre and biblical studies / Roland Boer -- Essays -- Dialogue in and among genres / Martin J. Buss -- Spying out the land : a report from genology / Carol A. Newsom -- Power, eros, and biblical genres / Christine Mitchell -- Experiential learning : the construction of Jonathan in the narrative of Saul and David / Barbara Green -- Location, location, location : Tamar in the Joseph cycle / Judy Fentress-Williams -- Dialogic form criticism : an intertextual reading of Lamentations and Psalms of lament / Carleen Mandolfo -- Polyglossia and parody : language in Daniel 1-6 / David M. Valeta -- The apocalyptic chronotope / Michael E. Vines -- Matthew's genealogy as eschatological satire : Bakhtin meets form criticism / Christopher C. Fuller -- Bakhtin's dialogism and the corrective rhetoric of the Johannine misunderstanding dialogue : exposing seven crises in the Johannine situation / Paul N. Anderson -- Liberation story or apocalypse? reading biblical allusion and Bakhtin theory in Toni Morrison's Beloved / Bula Maddison -- Responses -- Beyond formalism : genre and the analysis of biblical texts / Keith Bodner -- Using Bakhtin's Lexicon dialogicae to interpret canon, apocalyptic, New Testament, and Toni Morrison / Vernon K. Robbins.
- 9781589832763 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1589832760 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "This collection grew initially out of a session at the Society of Biblical Literature's Annual Meeting in San Antonio (2004) entitled "Bakhtin and genre""--Introd.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-219) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 4310885