This sporting life [videorecording] / the Rank Organisation presents a Julian Wintle, Leslie Parkyn production ; produced by Karel Reisz ; directed by Lindsay Anderson
- [United States] : Criterion Collection, 
- [Widescreen ed.], special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (134 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (32 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, Richard, 1930-2002
Roberts, Rachel, 1927-1980
Hartnell, William, 1908-1975
Anderson, Lindsay, 1923-1994
Wintle, Julian, 1913-1980
Parkyn, Leslie, 1918-1983
Gerhard, Roberto, 1896-1970
Storey, David, 1933-
Criterion Collection (Firm)
- The Criterion collection ; 417
- Language Note:
- In English with subtitles in English for the deaf and hearing impaired.
- Story of a coal miner's rise to become a professional rugby star. Includes commentary; interviews; documentary; booklet; and more.
- Related Titles:
- Meet the pioneers
Is that all there is?
Lindsay Anderson, lucky man
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: Not rated.
- Release date: Jan. 22, 2008.
Originally produced in 1963.
Based on the novel by David Storey.
Disc one includes optional audio commentary and the original theatrical trailer.
Disc two includes Lindsay Anderson's first film titled Meet the pioneers; his last film titled Is that all there is; his documentary about Wakefield's local newspaper titled Wakefield Express; and a BBC Scotland documentary titled Lindsay Anderson, lucky man.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Photographed by Denys Coop ; film editor, Peter Taylor ; music composed by Roberto Gerhard ; screenplay by David Storey ; in charge of production, Albert Fennell.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Richard Harris, Rachel Roberts, Alan Badel, William Hartnell, Colin Blakely.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1; NTSC; Dolby digital mono; 1.66:1 aspect ratio.
View MARC record | catkey: 4311561