October sky [videorecording] / Universal Pictures presents a Charles Gordon production ; a Joe Johnston film ; produced by Charles Gordon, Larry Franco ; screenplay by Lewis Colick ; directed by Joe Johnston
- Universal City, CA : Universal, 
- Special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (108 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Johnston, Joe, 1950-, Colick, Lewis, Gyllenhaal, Jake, 1980-, Cooper, Chris, 1951-, Owen, Chris, 1980-, Isham, Mark, Murphy, Fred, and Universal Pictures (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English, Spanish or French dialogue, Spanish or French subtitles ; closed captioned.
- The true story of Homer Hickam Jr., a high school student in rural West Virginia, who seemed destined to repeat his father's harsh life in the coal mines, until he turned his attention to the skies.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG; language, brief teen sensuality and alcohol use, and for some thematic elements.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1998.
Based on the book "Rocket Boys" by Homer H. Hickam, Jr.
"Based on an extraordinary true story."
Special features: Aiming high: The story of the Rocket Boys, hear the story of the real "Rocket Boys" as they supported Homer Hickam in his journey from a coal mining town to NASA; feature commentary with Homer Hickam; spotlight on location; production notes; theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Fred Murphy ; editor, Robert Dalva ; music, Mark Isham.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Cooper, Chris Owen, Laura Dern.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital; surround sound; dual layer.
View MARC record | catkey: 4312999