A short treatise of geometrie [microform] : in which are contained sundry definitions and problemes, for the mensuration of superficies and solids, as also the use of the quadrat and quadrant in measuring of altitudes, latitudes and profundities, with sundry mechanicall wayes for performing the same. : Vnto which are adjoyned certaine tables, wherein the square root is extracted to 25000, and the cubick root to 10000 latus, only by ocular inspection. / Written by John Babington, gunner and student in the mathematicks
- Babington, John
- London : Printed by Thomas Harper, for Ralph Mab, MDCXXXV. 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 200 pages : illustrations
- Imperfect: stained, and with print show-through.
Reproduction of original in: Bodleian Library.
Signatures: (first two leaves unmarked), A-F⁶ G⁴ a-f⁶ G⁴ h⁶ I⁴ K-L⁶ M⁸ N-R⁶.
Title page ornament; head-pieces, initials.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2002. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2143:22).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 1100.
View MARC record | catkey: 4314118