The whole book of Psalmes [microform] / collected into English meeter by Thomas Sternhold, Iohn Hopkins and others, conferred with the Hebrew, with apt notes to sing them withall. ; Set forth and allowed to be sung in all churches, of all the people together, before and after morning and euening prayer, and also before and after sermons: & moreouer in priuate houses for their godly solace and comfort, laying apart all vngodly songs and ballades: which tend onely to the nourishing of vice, and corrupting of youth
- Sternhold, Thomas, -1549
- Uniform Title:
- Whole book of Psalms
- London : Printed for the Companie of Stationers, 1632..
- Physical Description:
- 10 unnumbered pages, 91 pages, 3 unnumbered pages : music
- Additional Creators:
- Hopkins, John, -1570
- Related Titles:
- Bible. Psalms. English. Sternhold & Hopkins. 1632
- "Cum Priuilegio Regis Regali."
Imperfect: faded, stained, last p. torn, with loss of text.
Reproduction of original in: National Library of Wales.
Signatures: A-F⁸ G⁴.
Title within border of printers' ornaments.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2002. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2144:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 2636.3.
View MARC record | catkey: 4314124