On the crowing cock and lyon couchant, or, A poem to express the gallantry of our royall chanticlere [microform] : The uncertainty of war & cock-fighting. The magnanimity of a brave general and judicious cocker: / writ on the news of the surrender of Namur, in encomium of unparallel'd fortitude and true English valour, recorded in the parable of the game cock, to congratulate his Majesties happy return to London, leaving future success to the disposal of divine providence
- Cater, Gerrard
- Additional Titles:
- Poem to express the gallantry of our royall chanticlere
- [London] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 unnumbered page, 11 pages : illustrations, frontispiece
- Frontispiece: engraving of roosters, one atop mountain and being crowned by angels. Under illustration: "Gloria Deo. Finis coronat opus."
Imprint suggested by Wing.
Reproduction of the original in the National Library of Scotland.
Signed at end: By a true cocker, and no less loyal subject, Gerrard Cater, Esq.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2000. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English Books, 1641-1700 ; 2819:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) C1483B
View MARC record | catkey: 4320152