In from the cold : Latin America's new encounter with the Cold War / edited by Gilbert M. Joseph and Daniela Spenser
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 439 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Joseph, G. M. (Gilbert Michael), 1947-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- American encounters/global interactions
- What we now know and should know : bringing Latin America more meaningfully into Cold War studies / Gilbert M. Joseph -- Recovering the memory of the Cold War : forensic history and Latin America / Thomas S. Blanton -- The Caribbean crisis : catalyst for Soviet projection in Latin America / Daniela Spenser -- The view from Havana : lessons from Cuba's African journey, 1959-1976 / Piero Gleijeses -- Transnationalizing the Dirty War : Argentina in Central America / Ariel C. Armony -- Producing the Cold War in Mexico : the public limits of covert communications / Seth Fein -- ¡Cuba sí, Yanquis no! The sacking of the Instituto Cultural México/Norteamericano in Morelia, Michoacán, 1961 / Eric Zolov -- Miracle on ice : industrial workers and the promise of Americanization in Cold War Mexico / Steven J. Bachelor -- Chicano Cold Warriors : César Chávez, Mexican American politics, and California farmworkers / Stephen Pitti -- Birth control pills and Molotov cocktails : reading sex and revolution in 1968 Brazil / Victoria Langland -- Rural markets, revolutionary souls, and rebellious women in Cold War Guatemala / Carlota McAllister -- Standing conventional Cold War history on its head / Daniela Spenser.
- 9780822341024 (cloth : alk. paper)
0822341026 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780822341215 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0822341212 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -425) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4321580