War, religion and service : Huguenot soldiering, 1685-1713 / edited by Matthew Glozier, David Onnekink
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 296 pages, 7 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Glozier, Matthew
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Politics and culture in north-western Europe, 1650-1720
- Introduction / Matthe Glozier and David Onnekink -- Huguenot soldiering c. 1560-1685 : the origins of a tradition / D.J.B. Trim -- Huguenots and Huguenot regiments in the British army, 1660-1702 : 'cometh the moment, cometh the men' / John Childs -- A study in misplaced loyalty : Louis de Durfort-Duras, Earl of Feversham (1640-1709) / Philip Rambaut -- 'The good Lord Galway' : the English and Irish careers of a Huguenot leader / Randolph Vigne -- 'Janisaries, and spahees and pretorian band' : perceptions of Huguenot soldiers in Williamite England / David Onnekink -- Schomberg, Ruvigny and the Huguenots in Ireland : William III's Irish war, 1689-91 / Harman Murtagh -- Huguenot soldiers in Dutch service : 'a good captain to disperse the royal troops' / Matthew Glozier and David Onnekink -- Au réfugié : Huguenot officers in The Hague, 1687 / Dianne W. Ressinger -- The refugees in the army of Brandenburg-Prussia : 'those unfortunate banished people from France' / Helmut Schmitter -- Integration and social assent of Huguenot soldiers in Brandenburg-Prussia : the impact of the Edict of Potsdam / Detlef Harms -- Huguenot soldiers in Brandenburg-Prussia under Friedrich Wilhelm and Friedrich III (1640-1713) : the state of research in German military, migration and confessional history / Matthias Asche -- 'The court at Celle is completely French' : Huguenot soldiers in the Duchy of Brunswick-Lüneburg / Andreas Flick -- Huguenots in the army of Savoy-Piedmont : Protestant soldiers and civilians in the Savoyard State in the seventeenth and eighteenth century / Paola Bianchi -- Huguenot soldiers in Russia : a study in military competence / Matthew Glozier.
- 9780754654445 (alk. paper)
0754654443 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -276) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4321666