The seductions of community : emancipations, oppressions, quandaries / edited by Gerald W. Creed
- Santa Fe : School of American Research Press, 2006.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 320 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Creed, Gerald W., 1958-
- School of American Research advanced seminar series
- Reconsidering community / Gerald W. Creed -- Community as modern pastoral / Gerald W. Creed -- Hunting the unicorn : art and community in East London / Kate Crehan -- Ayllu : real and imagined communities in the Andes / Mary Weismantel -- The sinister political life of community : economies of violence and governable spaces in the Niger Delta, Nigeria / Michael Watts -- Caribbean "community"? / Aisha Khan -- Conflicting concepts of community : diversity and diaspora in American suburbs / Susan H. Lees -- A debt to society / Miranda Joseph -- Seeing communities : technologies of visualization in conservation / Peter Brosius -- The politics of community : some notes from India / Gyanendra Pandey.
- 1930618689 (cl : alk. paper), 9781930618688 (cl : alk. paper), 1930618697 (pa : alk. paper), 9781930618695 (pa : alk. paper), 0852554400 (Currey : pbk.), and 9780852554401 (Currey : pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 279-312) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4358531