Utamaro and the spectacle of beauty / Julie Nelson Davis
- Davis, Julie Nelson, 1963-
- Honolulu : University of Hawaii Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 296 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction : Utamaro, Ukiyo-e and the city of prints -- Constructing the artist known as Utamaro -- 'Pictures of beauties' and other social physiognomies -- Behind the brocade and other Yoshiwara illusions -- Utamaro and the feminine spectacle -- Making history into the pageant of the floating world.
- 9780824831998 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0824831993 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -281) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4359416