Children's learning in a digital world / edited by Teena Willoughby and Eileen Wood
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 304 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Willoughby, Teena, 1955- and Wood, Eileen, 1960-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Seven criteria for investigating children's learning in a digital world / Richard E. Mayer -- Informal learning with technologies : opportunities and challenges -- Introduction / Teena Willoughby and Eileen Wood -- Media literacy : who needs it? / Henry Jenkins -- Good videogames, the human mind, and good learning / James Paul Gee -- How and what do videogames teach? / Edward L. Swing and Craig A. Anderson -- Videogame addiction : fact or fiction? / Mark D. Griffiths -- Meeting the needs of the vulnerable learner : the role of the teacher in bridging the gap between informal and formal learning using digital technologies / Laurence Peters -- Formal learning with technologies : opportunities and challenges -- Introduction / Eileen Wood, Bowen Hui, and Teena Willoughby -- Using technology to assist children learning to read and write / Philip C. Abrami ... [et al.] -- Tools for learning in an information society / John C. Nesbit and Philip H. Winne -- Virtual playgrounds : children's multi-user virtual environments for playing and learning with science / Yasmin B. Kafai and Michael T. Giang -- Can students re-invent fundamental scientific principles : evaluating the promise of new-media literacies / Andrea A. diSessa -- Domain knowledge and learning from the internet / Malinda Desjarlais, Teena Willoughby, and Eileen Wood -- The integration of computer technology in the classroom / Julie Mueller, Eileen Wood, and Teena Willoughby -- Children's learning in a digital world / Eileen Wood and Teena Willoughby.
- 9781405162074 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 1405162074 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4359495