Coca-globalization : following soft drinks from New York to New Guinea / Robert J. Foster
- Foster, Robert John, 1957-
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 275 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- The social life of worldly things : commodity consumption and globalization -- Glocalizing Coca-Cola : the multilocal multinational corporation -- Qualifying products : trademarks, brands, and value creation -- A network of perspectives : the meanings of soft drinks in Papua New Guinea -- Corporations, consumers, and new strategies of citizenship -- Shareholder activism : consumer citizenship inside the corporation -- Pouring rights : politics, products, agency, and change -- Conclusion : product networks and the politics of knowledge.
- 0312238711, 9780312238711, 0230603866 (pbk.), and 9780230603868 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -268) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4359690