The jungle book [videorecording] / Walt Disney Pictures ; story, Larry Clemmons, Ralph Wright, Ken Anderson, Vance Gerry ; directed by Wolfgang Reitherman ; a Walt Disney production
- Uniform Title:
- Jungle book (Motion picture : 1967)
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container and disc labels: Walt Disney's the jungle book
- [United States] : Walt Disney Home Entertainment ; Burbank, CA : Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 
- Platinum ed.; 40th anniversary ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 78 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Clemmons, Larry, 1906-1988, Wright, Ralph, 1908-1988, Anderson, Ken, Gerry, Vance, Reitherman, Wolfgang, 1909-1985, Disney, Walt, 1901-1966, Harris, Phil, 1904-1995, Cabot, Sebastian, Prima, Louis, 1910-1978, Sanders, George, 1906-1972, Holloway, Sterling, O'Malley, J. Pat (James Pat), Reitherman, Bruce, Felton, Verna, 1890-1966, Howard, Clint, 1959-, Stuart, Chad, Hudson, Tim, 1940-, Abbott, John, 1905-1996, Wright, Ben, 1915-1989, Carr, Darleen, Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Home Entertainment (Firm), and Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Closed-captioned; English, French, or Spanish soundtracks; optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired (SDH).
- Mowgli is a boy who has been raised by wolves in the Indian jungle. When the wolves hear that the fierce man-hating tiger Shere Khan has returned, they decide to send Mowgli to a local "man tribe" for his own safety. With the help of Bagheera the wise panther and the happy-go-lucky bear Baloo, Mowgli meets and befriends many jungle animals as he makes his way to the village.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: G.
- At head of title: Walt Disney Pictures presents.
"Inspired by the Rudyard Kipling Mowgli stories."
DVD release of the 1967 motion picture.
Region 1, widescreen format (1.75:1 aspect ratio); Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
Special features include: restored original theatrical soundtrack; four games; deleted songs; DisneyPedia: Junglemania "Ed"venture; music video; audio commentary; The lost character : Rocky the Rhino (featurette); The bare necessities : the making of The jungle book (featurette); Disney's Kipling : Walt's magic touch on a literary classic (featurette); The lure of The jungle book (featurette); Mowgli's return to the jungle (featurette); Baloo's virtual swingin' jungle cruise (featurette); still frame art gallery.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directing animators, Milt Kahl, Ollie Johnston, Frank Thomas, John Lounsbery ; film editors, Tom Acosta, Norman Carlisle ; music, George Bruns.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Voices, Phil Harris, Sebastian Cabot, Louis Prima, George Sanders, Sterling Holloway, J. Pat O'Malley, Bruce Reitherman, Verna Felton, Clint Howard, Chad Stuart, Tim Hudson, John Abbott, Ben Wright, Darleen Carr.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby Digital 5.1.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 4360185