Unnatural causes [videorecording] : is inequality making us sick? / produced by California Newsreel in association with Vital Pictures
- Language Note:
- Closed- captioned; dubbed in Spanish.
- Introduction -- In sickness and in wealth -- When the bough breaks -- Becoming American -- Bad sugar -- Place matters -- Collateral damage -- Not just a paycheck.
- "Unnatural causes sounds the alarm about the extent of our alarming socio-economic and racial inequities in health-and searches for their root causes. But those causes are not what we might expect...It turns out there's much more to our health than bad habits, health care or unlucky genes. The social conditions in which we are born, live and work profoundly affect our well-being and longevity."--Producer's website.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Series executive producer, Larry Adelman.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, widescreen presentation.
- Includes public performance rights.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078. and Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Highmark Blue Shield Education Fund; 20078.
View MARC record | catkey: 4360399