The Old Kingdom art and archaeology : proceedings of the conference held in Prague, May 31-June 4, 2004 / Miroslav Bárta, editor
- Prague : Czech Institute of Egyptology, Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague : Publishing House of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 381 pages, xx pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps ; 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bárta, Miroslav and Český egyptologický ústav
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Tomb and social status : the textual evidence / Nicole Alexanian -- Some aspects of the non-royal afterlife in the Old Kingdom / James P. Allen -- Miniature and model vessels in Ancient Egypt / Susan Allen -- Presenting the nḍt-ḥr-offerings to the tomb owner / Hartwig Altenmüller -- King Sahura with the precious trees from Punt in a unique scene! / Tarek El Awady -- The Sixth Dynasty tombs in Abusir : tomb complex of the vizier Qar and his family / Miroslav Bárta -- Die Statuen mit Papyrusrolle im Alten Reich / Edith Bernhauer -- False doors & history : the Sixth Dynasty / Edward Brovarski -- The iconography of the princess in the Old Kingdom / Vivienne G. Callender -- A new necropolis from the Old Kingdom at South Saqqara / Vassil Dobrev -- The development of the Eastern and GIS cemeteries at Giza during the Fourth Dynasty : the relationship between architecture and tomb decoration / Laurel Flentye -- Rethinking the rules for Old Kingdom sculpture : observations on poses and attributes of limestone statuary from Giza / Rita Freed -- Continuity or collapse : wooden statues from the end of the Old Kingdom and the First Intermediate Period / Julia Harvey -- Portions of an Old Kingdom offering list reified / Salima Ikram -- Old Kingdom tombs and dating : problems and priorities : the Cemetery en Échelon at Giza / Peter Jánosi -- Research into Fifth Dynasty sun temples : past, present and future / Jaromír Krejčí, Dušan Magdolen -- The title ḫtmtj nt̲r - god's sealer - in the Old Kingdom / Kamil O. Kuraszkiewicz -- The function of the faience inlays in the funerary temple of Raneferef at Abusir / Renata Landgráfová -- Stones, ancestors, and pyramids : investigating the pre-pyramid landscape of Memphis / Serena Love -- A re-examination of Reisner's nucleus cemetery concept at Giza : preliminary remarks on Cemetery G 2100 / Peter Der Manuelian -- Are large excavations really necessary? / Ian Mathieson -- The "Dry Moat" west of the Netjerykhet enclosure / Karol Myśliwiec -- Two enigmatic circular mud brick structures in the Western Field at Giza : a preliminary report / Stephen R. Phillips -- Der Grabherr und die Lotosblume : zu lokalen und geschlechtsspezifischen Traditionen eines Motivkreises / Gabriele Pieke -- Little women : gender and hierarchic proportion in Old Kingdom mastaba chapels / Ann Macy Roth -- Grave consequences : developing analytical methods to elucidate patterns of social differentiation at early Egyptian cemetery sites / Joanne M. Rowland -- Dog missing his master : reflections on an Old Kingdom tomb relief in the Walters Art Museum, Baltimore / Regine Schulz -- Ideal and reality in Old Kingdom private funerary cults / Yayoi Shirai -- The translation of texts of the Old Kingdom / Nigel Strudwick -- The columns of Abusir / Miroslav Verner -- The administrative documents in the Abusir papyrus archives / Hana Vymazalová -- A new early Old Kingdom layered stone structure at Northwest Saqqara : a preliminary report / Sakuji Yoshimura, Nozomu Kawai -- The architectural complex of Akhethetep at Saqqara : the last discoveries / Christiane Ziegler.
- 9788020014658 and 8020014659
- Papers chiefly in English; with some in German.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 4360551