Sex and the soul : juggling sexuality, spirituality, romance, and religion on America's college campuses / Donna Freitas
- Freitas, Donna
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 299 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- I: The varieties of college religious experience -- The spiritual colleges: souls adrift -- Why Catholic schools (and their students) are "spiritual but not religious" -- Evangelical extroverts: faithful and diverse -- II: The romantic ideal -- Evangelical purity culture: its princesses and warriors -- Wanted: a little romance -- III: The truth about sex on campus -- Where dating = marriage and a kiss means everything -- Hookups, ho's, and losing it -- IV: Reconciling sex and the soul (or not) on campus -- God vs. my boyfriend -- Dividing sex from the soul: why religion doesn't matter when it comes to sex -- V: Conclusions and practical implications -- Seeking a sexy spirituality for students on campus.
- 9780195311655 and 0195311655
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -284) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Shenango copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
View MARC record | catkey: 4396008