Arthur Miller's The crucible / edited and with an introduction by Harold Bloom
- Additional Titles:
- New York : Bloom's Literary Criticism, 
- Copyright Date:
- New ed.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 232 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bloom, Harold
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Bloom's modern critical interpretations
- Introduction / Harold Bloom -- The crucible / Edward Murray -- History and other spectres in Arthur Miller's The crucible / E. Miller Budick -- Arthur Miller's The crucible and the Salem witch trials : a historian's view / Edmund S. Morgan -- Re(dis)covering the witches in Arthur Miller's The crucible : a feminist reading / Wendy Schissel -- Conscience and community in An enemy of the people and The crucible / Thomas P. Adler -- The crucible in history / Arthur Miller -- The crucible to A memory of two Mondays / Terry Otten -- Interrogating The crucible : revisiting the biographical, historical and political sources in Arthur Miller's play / Stuart Marlow -- Poetry and politics in The crucible / Stephen A. Marino -- 'The crucible' / Christopher Bigsby.
- A collection of critical essays that examines Arthur Miller's classic drama, "The Crucible; " and contains an historical overview of the play, chronology of the life and works of the author, and introduction by Harold Bloom.
- 9780791098288 (alk. paper)
0791098281 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 221-222) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Beaver copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
Lehigh Valley copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4430121