Justice for children : autonomy development and the state / Harry Adams
- Adams, Harry William, 1962-
- Albany : State University of New York Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 254 pages ; 24 cm
- Autonomy -- Autonomy -- The necessary conditions of autonomy -- The degrees of autonomy -- The value of autonomy -- The moral priority of children's development of autonomy -- Autonomy development -- Child development and the autonomy threshold -- Young adulthood and the signs of autonomy (the commencement of a life path) -- Adolescence and the building blocks of autonomy (the acquisition of self-efficacy skills) -- Childhood and the foundations of autonomy (the early pathways of development) -- Crippled autonomy development and state intervention -- Crippled autonomy development and the harm principle -- Crippled autonomy development and state intervention -- Possible types of state intervention -- Intervention in the family : a parental licensing model -- The proactive management of risks -- A model of parental licensing -- Compulsory contraception -- Intervention in the school : an educational justice standard -- The need for educational justice -- The educational justice standard (to support at least minimal autonomy, [greater than or equal to] AL3) -- Addendum : educational support for more than minimal autonomy ([greater than or equal to] AL4)? -- Conclusion.
- 9780791473313 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0791473317 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 225-249) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4435212