Alasdair MacIntyre's engagement with Marxism : selected writings 1953-1974 / edited and with an introduction by Paul Blackledge & Neil Davidson
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- lxiv, 443 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Blackledge, Paul, 1967-
Davidson, Neil, 1957-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Historical materialism book series, 1570-1522 ; v. 19
- Extracts from Marxism : an interpretation -- Marxist tracts -- On not misrepresenting philosophy -- The algebra of the revolution -- Notes from the moral wilderness -- Dr. Marx and Dr. Zhivago -- Marcuse, Marxism, and the Monolith -- The straw man of the age -- The 'New Left' -- What is Marxist theory for? -- From Macdonald to Gaitskell -- Communism and British intellectuals -- Freedom and revolution -- Breaking the chains of reason -- Is a neutralist foreign policy possible? -- The man who answered the Irish question -- Culture and revolution -- Marxists and Christians -- Rejoinder to left reformism -- Congo, Katanga, and the UNO -- Sartre as a social theorist -- The sleepwalking society : Britain in the sixties -- Open letter to a right-wing young socialist -- (The new capitalism and the British working class) -- C. Wright Mills -- Going into Europe -- Prediction and politics -- True voice -- Trotsky in exile -- Labour policy and capitalist planning -- Marx -- The socialism of R.H. Tawney -- Marxist mask and romantic face : Lukacs on Thomas Mann -- Pascal and Marx : on Lucien Goldmann's hidden god -- Recent political thought -- Herbert Marcuse -- How not to write about Stalin -- How to write about Lenin and how not to -- The strange death of social democratic England -- In place of Harold Wilson? -- Marxism of the will -- Mr. Wilson's pragmatism -- Tell me where you stand on Kronstadt -- Irish mythologies -- Sunningdale : a 'colonial' solution -- Irish conficts and British illusions -- Epilogue. 1953, 1968, 1995 : three perspectives.
- 9789004166219 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004166211 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -436) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4435232