Handbook of research on new literacies / edited by Julie Coiro [and others].
- New York : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates/Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 1,367 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Coiro, Julie
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Central issues in new literacies and new literacies research / Julie Coiro ... [et al.] -- Methodologies -- Toward a connective ethnography of online/offline literacy networks / Kevin M. Leander -- Large-scale quantitative research on new technology in teaching and learning / Ronald E. Anderson -- Converging traditions of research on media and information literacies : disciplinary, critical, and methodological issues / Sonia Livingstone, Elizabeth van Couvering, and Nancy Thumim -- The conduct of qualitative interviews : research questions, methodological issues, and researching online / Lori Kendall -- The case of rebellion : researching multimodal texts / Andrew Burn -- Experimental and quasi-experimental approaches to the study of new literacies / Jonna M. Kulikowich -- Knowledge and inquiry -- Learning, change, and power : competing frames of technology and literacy / Mark Warschauer and Paige Ware -- The Web as a source of information for students in K-12 education / Els Kuiper and Monique Volman -- Where do we go now? understanding research on navigation in complex digital environments / Kimberly A. Lawless and P.G. Schrader -- The changing landscape of text and comprehension in the age of new literacies / Bridget Dalton and C. Patrick Proctor -- Exploring culture in the design of new technologies of literacy / Patricia A. Young -- Multimedia literacy / Richard E. Mayer -- Multiliteracies and metalanguage : describing image/text relations as a resource for negotiating multimodal texts / Len Unsworth -- Communication -- Mediating technologies and second language learning / Steven L. Thorne -- Of a divided mind : weblog literacy / Torill Elvira Mortensen -- People, purposes, and practices : insights from cross-disciplinary research into instant messaging / Gloria E. Jacobs -- Gender in online communication / Jonathan Paul Marshall -- Popular culture, community, and citizenship : everyday literacies -- Intersections of popular culture, identities, and new literacies research / Margaret C. Hagood -- College students and new literacy practices / Dana J. Wilber-- Just don't call them cartoons : the new literacy spaces of anime, manga, and fanfiction / Rebecca Ward Black -- Cognition and literacy in massively multiplayer online games / Constance A. Steinkuehler -- Video-game literacy : a literacy of expertise / Kurt D. Squire -- Community, culture, and citizenship in cyberspace / Angela Thomas -- New literacies and community inquiry / Bertram C. Bruce and Ann Peterson Bishop -- Instructional practices and assessment -- Digital writing in the early years / Guy Merchant -- Teaching popular-culture texts in the classroom / Richard Beach and David O'Brien -- Using new media in the secondary English classroom / Ilana Snyder and Scott Bulfin -- The price of information : critical literacy, education, and today's Internet / Bettina Fabos -- Multimodal instructional practices / Pippa Stein -- Multimodal reading and comprehension in online environments / Claire Wyatt-Smith and John Elkins -- Assessing new literacies in science and mathematics / Edys S. Quellmalz and Geneva D. Haertel -- Learning management systems and virtual learning environments : a higher-education focus / Colin Baskin and Neil Anderson -- Multiple perspectives on new literacies research -- Savannah : mobile gaming and learning? / K. Facer ... [et al.] -- Commentary responses -- 34a. Being a lion and being a soldier : learning and games / James Paul Gee -- 34b. Savannah : mobile gaming and learning : a review commentary / Susan R. Goldman and James W. Pellegrino -- The nature of middle school learners' science content understandings with the use of online resources / Joseph L. Hoffman ... [et al.] -- Commentary responses -- 35a. Intertextuality and the study of new literacies : research critique and recommendations / Peggy N. Van Meter and Carla Firetto -- 35b. Internet pedagogy : using the Internet to achieve student learning outcomes / Robert E. Bleicher -- Instant messaging, literacies, and social identities / Cynthia Lewis and Bettina Fabos -- Commentary responses -- 36a. An essay review of the Lewis and Fabos article on instant messaging / Donna E. Alvermann -- 36b. Thoughts on the Lewis and Fabos article on instant messaging / David Reinking -- L2 literacy and the design of the self : a case study of a teenager writing on the Internet / Wan Shun Eva Lam -- Commentary responses -- 37a. Critical review : L2 literacy and the design of the self : a case study of a teenager writing on the Internet / Catherine Beavis -- 37b. A commentary on "L2 literacy and the design of the self " : electronic representation and social networking / Richard P. Durán -- The journey ahead : thirteen teachers report how the Internet influences literacy and literacy instruction in their K-12 classrooms / Rachel A. Karchmer -- Commentary responses -- 38a. Researching technology and literacy : thirteen ways of looking at a blackboard / Colin Harrison -- 38b. .650. 0 Media literacy. es : a review of Karchmer (2001) / Jackie Marsh.
- 9780805856514 (alk. paper)
080585651X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Hazleton copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4436388