In the name of the father [videorecording] / Universal Pictures presents a Hell's Kitchen/Gabriel Byrne production ; screenplay by Terry George and Jim Sheridan ; produced and directed by Jim Sheridan
- Universal City, CA : Universal Studios Home Video, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (133 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Sheridan, Jim, 1949-
Lynch, John, 1961-
Hell's Kitchen (Firm)
Universal Pictures (Firm)
Universal Studios Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or French language soundtrack (Dolby surround) with optional Spanish subtitles ; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- Fact-based film about Gerry Conlon, a young Irish punk who is caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and forced to confess to a terrorist bombing. He and his father, along with friends of Gerry, are found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. There, his father shows his true strength, and Gerry works to prove their innocence and clear his father's name.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1993.
Based on the autobiographical book: Proved innocent / by Gerry Conlon.
Special features: Production notes ; cast & filmmakers' bios ; film highlights.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Peter Biziou ; production designer, Caroline Amies ; editor, Gerry Hambling ; music, Trevor Jones ; original songs by Bono, Gavin Friday, Maurice Seezer.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Pete Postlethwaite, Emma Thompson, John Lynch, Corin Redgrave.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby Digital Surround, widescreen (1.85:1) presentation.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 4437651