Dream anatomy / Michael Sappol
- Sappol, Michael
- Bethesda, Md. : U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, 2006.
Washington, D.C. : For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 180 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- National Library of Medicine (U.S.). History of Medicine Division. Exhibition Program
Full Text available online
- NIH publication ; 05-5615
- Dream anatomies and the great divide: art, science, and the changing conventions of anatomical representation, 1500-present -- Anatomy is us -- Playing with death: fun with science -- Getting real: the new aesthetics of scientific illustration -- Our cadavers, ourselves, or the return of the anatomical repressed -- Notes -- Revisiting dream anatomy - Anatomical dream time: the early modern era -- Getting real: removing metaphor and fancy from anatomy -- Visionary and visible: dreaming anatomy in modernity -- History of anatomy timeline -- Print technologies of anatomical illustration -- Exhibition checklist.
- Shipping list no.: 2008-0194-P.
Distributed to regional depository libraries only.
"This catalogue is produced in conjunction with Dream Anatomy an exhibition about anatomy and the artistic imagination, featuring material from the collections of the National Library of Medicine."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 4438095