Tradition, treaties, and trade : Qing imperialism and Chosŏn Korea, 1850-1910 / Kirk W. Larsen
- Larsen, Kirk W.
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Asia Center, 2008.
Cambridge, Mass. : Distributed by Harvard University Press.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 328 pages ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Harvard East Asian monographs ; 295
- Pre-nineteenth-century Sino-Korean relations -- Nineteenth-century challenges and changes -- Treaties and troops: bringing multilateral imperialism to Korea -- Soldiers, diplomats, and merchants: establishing a Qing presence in Korea -- The residency of Yuan Shikai -- Suzerainty, sovereignty, and ritual -- Yuan Shikai and "commercial warfare" in Korea -- Defending multilateral privilege at Suzerainty's end: the Sino-Japanese war and its aftermath -- Endings, echoes, and legacies.
- 9780674028074 (cl : alk. paper)
0674028074 (cl : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 297-318) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4438474