Barbarians to angels : the Dark Ages reconsidered / Peter S. Wells
- Wells, Peter S.
- New York : W.W. Norton, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 240 pages : illustrations, maps ; 22 cm
- Between antiquity and the Middle Ages: what happened? -- The decline of the Roman Empire -- The peoples of Europe -- Childeric and other early Dark Age kings -- What happened to the Roman cities? -- Roman Londinium to Saxon Lundenwic: continuity and change (A.D. 43-800) -- New centers in the North -- The revolution in the countryside -- Crafting tools and ornaments for the new societies -- Royal exchange and everyday trade -- Spread of the new religion -- Arts, scholarship, and education -- Charlemagne's elephant and the history of Europe.
- 9780393060751 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-215) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Beaver copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 4439123