Literary milieux : essays in text and context presented to Howard Erskine-Hill / edited by David Womersley and Richard McCabe
- Newark : University of Delaware Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 371 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Womersley, David and McCabe, Richard A. (Richard Anthony), 1954-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Poetry and politics: some reflections / Alastair Fowler -- Rhyme and reason: poetics, patronage and secrecy in Elizabethan and Jacobean Ireland / Richard McCabe -- "A kingdom with my friend": favourites in Shakespeare / Tom MacFaul -- Shakespeare and Anthony Munday / David Womersley -- Shakespeare crucified / David Nokes -- Dryden and the laurel / Paul Hammond -- Pope: pen and press / Julian Ferraro -- Double-edged writing in the eighteenth century / Niall MacKenzie -- Pope, rhapsody, and rapture: "you grow correct that once with rapture writ" / George Rousseau -- Self-fashioned prospects: pen, print and the presentation of landscape in the correspondence of Alexander Pope / Robert J. Mayhew -- "Religion blushing veils her sacred fires": Pope and the veil of faith / Hester Jones -- Alexander Pope: "renown'd in rhyme" / Robert Douglas-Fairhurst -- The sleep of the dunces -- Claude Rawson -- Dulness's obscure vowel: language, monarchy and motherhood in Pope's The dunciad in four books / Valerie Rumbold -- Materialism, mechanism, and the novel / Thomas Keymer -- William Wordsworth: poetry and repose -- Peter McDonald.
- 9780874139907 (alk. paper) and 0874139902 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4440168