Knights & castles / Philip Dixon
- Dixon, Philip, 1945-
- Additional Titles:
- Kinghts and castles
- New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 64 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 28 cm.
- Knights in time: Knights of the middle ages -- Knights of the crusades -- Knights and soldiers in battle -- Knights' last stand -- Castle as fortress: Need for castles -- Castles in time -- Castle construction -- Castle besieged -- Attack and defense -- Castle as palace: Castle at peace -- Castle people: Who's who -- Working the castle land -- Castle leisure -- Entertainment and banquets -- Castles in decline -- Knights' world: Becoming a knight -- Knight's armor and weapons -- Mounted knight -- Jousting: Practice for war -- Castles: Tower of London, England: Castle of kings -- Krak des Chevaliers, Syria: Knight's rock -- Castel del Monte, Italy: Riddle in stone -- Caerphilly, Wales: Shielded by water -- Mont-Saint-Michel, France: Castle in the sea -- Poenari, Romania: Dracula's castle -- Countries and castles -- Glossary -- Index.
- Insiders brings knights & castles to life, with the most up-to-date information and state-of-the-art 3-D illustrations that practically leap off every page, stimulating minds and imaginations in a whole new way.
- 9781416938644 (hardcover)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4444352