Science, politics, and evolution / Elisabeth A. Lloyd
- Lloyd, Elisabeth Anne
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 301 pages ; 24 cm.
- Cambridge studies in philosophy and biology
- The nature of Darwin's support for the theory of natural selection -- A semantic approach to the structure of population genetics -- Confirmation of evolutionary and ecological models -- Units and levels of selection -- Species selections on variability -- An open letter to Elliott Sober and David Sloan Wilson, regarding their book, Unto others: the evolution and psychology of unselfish behavior -- Problems with pluralism -- Normality and variation: the human genome project and the ideal human type -- Evolutionary psychology: the burdens of proof -- Objectivity and the double standard for feminist epistemologies -- Science and anti-science: objectivity and its real enemies -- Pre-theoretical assumptions in evolutionary explanations of female sexuality.
- 9780521865708 (hardback) and 0521865700 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 269-295) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4446565