Organizing urban America : secular and faith-based progressive movements / Heidi J. Swarts
- Swarts, Heidi J.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxxii, 298 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Introduction. Invisible actors : community organizing, agenda setting, and American social movements -- Different mobilizing cultures : congregation-based organizing and ACORN -- Religion and progressive politics : congregation-based Community Organizing's innovative cultural strategy -- Experimenting with national organizing campaigns : ACORN's innovative political strategy -- Organizing is a numbers game : St. Louis ACORN -- A seat at the regional table : Metropolitan Congregations United for St. Louis -- La puebla unida : ACORN in the Sunbelt -- The power is in the relationship : San Jose PACT -- The results of organizing -- American inequality and the potential of community organizing.
- 9780816648382 (hc : alk. paper)
0816648387 (hc : alk. paper)
9780816648399 (pb : alk. paper)
0816648395 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 265-285) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4446662