Shaker design : out of this world / Jean M. Burks, editor
- Burks, Jean M., 1949-
- New Haven : Published for the Bard Graduate Center for Studies in the Decorative Arts, Design and Culture, New York and the Shelburne Museum, Shelburne, Vermont by Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 245 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The Shaker world. Shaker villages and the landscape of "gospel order" / robert P. Emlen -- Faith, form, and finish: Shaker furniture in context / Jean M. Burks -- Designed for sale: Shaker commerce with the world / M. Stephen Miller. The spiritual world. The problem of female leadership in early Shakerism / Jean M. Humez -- "Given by inspiration": visionary expressions in Shaker life and art (1837 to 1859) / Gerard C. Wertkin. The fancy world. Plain Shakers, fancy world / Sumpter Priddy. The contemporary world. In the spirit? Twentieth-century and contemporary Shaker-inspired design / Kory Rogers.
- 9780300137286 (alk. paper)
0300137281 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 239-242) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4449048