Theoretical and crosslinguistic approaches to the semantics of aspect / edited by Susan Rothstein
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 453 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rothstein, Susan Deborah
- Linguistik aktuell = Linguistics today, 0166-0829 ; v. 110
- Lexicalized meaning and the internal temporal structure of events / Malka Rappaport Hovav -- Telicity, atomicity, and the Vendler classification of verbs / Susan Rothstein -- Aspects of a typology of direction / Joost Zwarts -- 1066: on the differences between the tense-perspective-aspect systems of English and Dutch / Fred Landman -- Tenses for the living and the dead: lifetime inferences reconsidered / Anita Mittwoch -- Formal and informal semantics of telicity / Elena Paducheva and Mati Pentus -- Events and maximalization: the case of telicity and perfectivity / Hana Filip -- Aspect and bounded quantity complements in Russian / Hans Robert Mehlig -- Negation, intensionality, and aspect: interaction with NP semantics / Barbara H. Partee -- Habituality and the habitual aspect / Nora Boneh and Edit Doron -- Aspectual universals of temporal anaphora / Maria Bittner -- The syntax and semantics of change/transition: evidence from Mandarin Chinese / Hooi Ling Soh -- Bare nouns and telicity in Japanese / Keiko Yoshida.
- 9789027233745 (hb : alk. paper) and 9027233748 (hb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4449079