Drama, play, performance, perception. 1, Peer Gynt [videorecording].
- Chicago, IL : Films Incorporated, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (59 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Ferrer, José, 1912-1992
Miami-Dade Community College
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service
- Concentrates on the final act, in which Peer Gynt must find answers for almost fifty years of roaming and searching for selfhood. Henrik Ibsen wrote this sage of a Norwegian folk hero as an epic poem; it is difficult to stage and is rarely produced. The accompanying expository portion includes audience attitudes, approaches to the theater experience, and a method of viewing a play critically. This program, if used with others in the series as a complete course, forms a module entitled Introduction to critical appreciation.
- Related Titles:
- Peer Gynt
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced by Miami-Dade Community College in association with the British Open University and the BBC. Hosted by Jose Ferrer.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 444938