The railway : art in the age of steam / Ian Kennedy and Julian Treuherz
- Kennedy, Ian G.
- Additional Titles:
- Exhibition title: Art in the age of steam, Europe, America and the railway, 1830-1960
- New Haven : Yale University Press ; Kansas City, Mo. : The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art ; [Liverpool] : Walker Art Gallery, National Museums Liverpool, 
- Copyright Date:
- Hardcover ed.
- Physical Description:
- 287 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 x 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Treuherz, Julian
Walker Art Gallery
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The railway age : an introduction / Michael Freeman -- The railway and literature : realism and the phantasmagoric / Matthew Beaumont -- The formative years in Europe / Ian Kennedy -- The human drama of the railway / Julian Treuherz -- Crossing continents : America and beyond / Ian Kennedy -- Impressionism and post-impressionism / Ian Kennedy -- States of mind / Julian Treuherz -- The machine age / Julian Treuherz and Ian Kennedy.
- 9780300138788 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0300138784 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Catalog of an exhibition entitled: 'Art in the Age of Steam: Europe, America and the Railway, 1830-1960, ' at the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, Apr. 18-Aug. 10, 2008 and at The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri, Sept. 13, 2008-Jan. 18, 2009.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 274-279) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4484328