Knowledge as social order : rethinking the sociology of Barry Barnes / edited by Massimo Mazzotti
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 184 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mazzotti, Massimo
- Relativism at 30,000 feet / by David Bloor -- Relativism : is it worth the candle? / by Trevor Pinch -- Who is the industrial scientist? : commentary from academic sociology and from the shop-floor in the United States, ca. 1900-ca. l970 / by Steven Shapin -- The meaning of hoaxes? / By Harry Collins -- Objectual practice / by Karin Knorr-Cetina -- Producing accounts : finitism, technology and rule-following / by Donald MacKenzie -- Power and legitimacy / by Mark Haugaard -- Barnes on the freedom of the will / by Martin Kusch -- Agency, responsibility and structure : understanding the migration of asylum seekers to Ireland / by Steven Loyal -- Against maladaptationism, or, What's wrong with evolutionary psychology? / by John Dupre.
- 9780754648635 (alk. paper)
075464863X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4484556