Mothers without citizenship : Asian immigrant families and the consequences of welfare reform / Lynn Fujiwara
- Fujiwara, Lynn, 1964-
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 239 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Introduction : sanctioning immigrants : "ending welfare as we know it" -- New nativism and welfare reform : Asian immigrants as racialized foreigners -- Welfare reform and the politics of citizenship -- Refugees betrayed -- The rush for citizenship : naturalization as a technocratic apparatus of exclusion -- On not making ends meet : mothers without citizenship -- The devaluation of immigrant families -- Conclusion : the continuing significance of racialized citizenship.
- 9780816650750 (hc : alk. paper)
0816650756 (hc : alk. paper)
9780816650767 (pb : alk. paper)
0816650764 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-225) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4492926