Does ethics have a chance in a world of consumers? / Zygmunt Bauman
- Bauman, Zygmunt, 1925-2017
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 272 pages ; 22 cm.
- Institute for Human Sciences Vienna lecture series
- Introduction: Threats or chances? -- 1. What chance of ethics in the globalized world of consumers? -- 2. Categorial murder, or the legacy of the twentieth century and how to remember it -- 3. Freedom in the liquid-modern era -- 4. Hurried life, or liquid-modern challenges to education -- 5. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, or the arts between administration and the markets -- 6. Making the planet hospitable to Europe -- Notes -- Index.
- 9780674027800 (alk. paper)
0674027809 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-268) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4493421