Intellectual development : connecting science and practice in early childhood settings / Dave Riley[and others].
- St. Paul, MN : Redleaf Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 220 pages ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Riley, Dave
- Why we chant nursery rhymes: the development of language and pre-reading skills -- Why we count while jumping: the development of early mathematical and logical thinking -- Why we sing throughout the day: the development of musical awareness -- Why we scribble and paint: the development of artistic expression -- Why we don't give away the right answer: cognitive development -- Why we do what we do for children's intellectual development: explaining your program practices in terms of state early learning standards.
- Intellectual Development explains the science behind early childhood practices that nurture intellectual development -- and the shortcomings of others -- in terms that are easy to understand. Chapters include language and literacy development, early number learning, and musical and artistic development. --from publisher description
- 9781933653631 (alk. paper)
1933653639 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-214) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- York copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 4493425