National treasure. Book of secrets [videorecording] / Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films present a Junction Entertainment production in association with Saturn Films, a Jon Turteltaub film ; produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jon Turteltaub ; story by Gregory Poirier [and others] ; screenplay by the Wibberleys ; directed by Jon Turteltaub
- Additional Titles:
- Book of secrets and National treasure 2
- [United States] : Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 
Burbank, Calif. : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 125 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Bruckheimer, Jerry, Turteltaub, Jon, Poirier, Gregory, Wibberley, Marianne, Wibberley, Cormac, Elliott, Ted, 1961-, Segars, Charles, Cage, Nicolas, 1965-, Bartha, Justin, Kruger, Diane, 1976-, Voight, Jon, 1938-, Mirren, Helen, Harris, Ed, 1950-, Keitel, Harvey, Greenwood, Bruce, 1956-, Burrell, Ty, 1967-, Maize, Michael, Murphy, Timothy V., Kouf, Jim, Aviv, Oren, Rabin, Trevor, Schwartzman, John, Mokri, Amir, Jerry Bruckheimer Films, Junction Entertainment (Firm), Saturn Films, Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Home Entertainment (Firm), and Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing; closed-captioned.
- When a missing page from the diary of John Wilkes Booth surfaces, Ben Gates' great-great grandfather is suddenly implicated as a key conspirator in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. The page is one of 18 pages missing from Booth's diary. When doing more research, the conspiracy takes Ben, Abigail, and Riley from Buckingham Palace to the White House - both places they break into - and even stealing a page from a secret book. But in order to see more from the book, their choice is either get elected president or kidnap the President of the United States. So, Ben kidnaps the president. The conspiracy then crosses to Mount Rushmore. Now, Ben will have to clear his family's name so they will no longer be linked to the assassination.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG; some violence and action.
- "Based on the characters created by Jim Kouf and Oren Aviv & Charles Segars"--Container.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, John Schwartzman and Amir Mokri ; film editors, William Goldenberg, David Rennie ; music by Trevor Rabin ; costume designer, Judianna Makovsky ; production designer, Dominic Watkins.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Nicolas Cage, Justin Bartha, Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren, Ed Harris, Harvey Keitel, Bruce Greenwood, Ty Burrell, Michael Maize, Timothy V. Murphy.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen (2.35:1) presentation, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound.
View MARC record | catkey: 4497807