Peter Grimes [videorecording] / music by Benjamin Britten ; libretto by Montagu Slater ; a Zurich Opera House and Felix Breisach Medienwerkstatt production in association with Clasart Films
- Additional Titles:
- Britten Peter Grimes
- [Netherlands?] : EMI Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (150 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + booklet (6 pages ; 18 cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976, Slater, Montagu, 1902-1956, Ventris, Christopher, Magee, Emily, Muff, Alfred, Welser-Möst, Franz, Pountney, David, Raffelsberger, Ernst, Nikiteanu, Liliana, Clasart Films, Felix Breisach Medienwerkstatt, Opernhaus Zürich. Chor, Orchester der Oper Zürich, Boosey & Hawkes Music Publishers, and EMI (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Subtitles in German, English, French Spanish or Italian.
- Opera of Benjamin Britten's "Peter Grimes," recorded at the Opernhaus Zurich. Set in a small village in England, the story relates fisherman Peter Grimes' inability to become a part of the community. Because his apprentice has been drowned at sea, he has incurred the wrath and distrust of the townspeople.
- Recorded live at the Opernhaus Zurich.
"Chorus and orchestra of the Zurich Opera House."
"Boosey & Hawkes Music Publishers."
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Stage director, David Pountney ; chorus master, Ernst Raffelsberger ; choreography, Stefano Giannetti ; production manager, Christoph Hink ; editor, Tanja Lesowsky.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Cast: Christopher Ventris, Emily Magee, Alfred Muff, Liliana Nikiteanu, Sandra Trattnigg, Liuba Chuchrova, Rudolf Schasching, Cornelia Kallisch, Richard Angas ; Chor des Opernhauses Zurich ; Orchester der Oper Zurich ; conductor, Franz Welser-Most.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all regions, NTSC, DTS 5.1 Surround, DVD-9.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the Class of 1935 Libraries Endowment; 20078.
- Endowment Note:
- Class of 1935 Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 4507295