Australia's empire / [edited by] Deryck M. Schreuder and Stuart Ward
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 419 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Schreuder, D. M. (Deryck Marshall) and Ward, Stuart
- Introduction: What became of Australia's empire? / Deryck M. Schreuder and Stuart Ward -- The saga of Captain Cook / Hobbles Danaiyarri -- Conquest / Alan Atkinson -- Settling the land : the making of rural Australia / Richard Waterhouse -- Indigenous subjects / Ann Curthoys -- Art and the environment : new visions from old / Anne Gray -- Empire, state, nation / John Hirst -- Migrations : the career of White British Australia / Eric Richards -- Religion and identity / Hilary M. Carey -- Money : trade, investment, and Australian nationalism / Geoffrey Bolton -- Security : defending Australia's empire / Stuart Ward -- Monarchy : from reverence to indifference / Mark McKenna -- War and commemoration : 'the responsibility of empire' / Joy Damousi -- Gender and sexuality / Angela Woollacott -- Popular culture / Richard White and Hsu-Ming Teo -- 'In history's page' : identity and myth / Neville Meaney -- Epilogue: After empire / Deryck M. Schreuder and Stuart Ward.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Class of 1935 Libraries Endowment; 20089.
- Endowment Note:
- Class of 1935 Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 4508776