Statistical atlas of the United States based on the results of the ninth census 1870 with contributions from many eminent men of science and several departments of the government / Compiled under the authority of Congress by Francis A. Walker, M.A., superintendent of the ninth census ...
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Census Office. 9th census, 1870
- Uniform Title:
- Census reports. 1870
- [New York] : J. Bien, lith., 1874.
- Physical Description:
- 1 preliminary leaf,5 pages, 1 leaf,4,14,13,8,3,4 pages : LIV plate(maps,diagrams) ; 56x24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Walker, Francis Amasa, 1840-1897
- Preface and introduction, by the compiler.--Index to maps and charts.--The physical features of the United States, by Prof. J. D. Whitney.--The woodlands and forest systems of the United States, by Prof. William H. Brewer.--Geological map of the United States and territories, by Chas H. Hitchcock and Wm. P. Blake.--The gold and silver mines of the West, by Prof. Rossiter W. Raymond, U.S. commissioner of mining statistics.--The coal measures of the United States, by Prof. C. H. Hitchcock.--Areas and political divisions of the United States 1776-1874, by S. W. Stocking, United States Patent office.--The minor political divisions of the United States, by S. A. Galpin.--The progress of the nation--1790-1870, by the compiler of the atlas.--An approximate life-table for the United States on the basis of the ninth census, 1870, by E. B. Elliott, U.S. Bureau of statistics.--The relations of race and nationality to mortality in the United States, by the compiler of the atlas.
View MARC record | catkey: 450986