Ships and seafaring [motion picture] : Greece 478-336 B.C.
- San Diego, CA : Media Guild, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 film reel (24 min.) : sound, color ; 16 mm and 1 videocassette (24 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Hoskins, Mary, Open University, British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service, and Media Guild
- Considers the role of water transport in ancient Greece for both trade and naval warfare. Present the literary and epigraphic evidence used to theorize about such maritime aspects of the period as nautical tactics, shipbuilding, items of commerce, trade routes, and port locations and activity. Shows the Kyrenia ship, wrecked at the end of the 4th century B.C., which has been excavated and reconstructed. From the Ancient Greece series.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced by Mary Hoskins and the BBC for the British Open University.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 451733