Becoming Mikhail Lermontov : the ironies of romantic individualism in Nicholas I's Russia / David Powelstock
- Powelstock, David
- Evanston, Ill. : Northwestern University Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 582 pages ; 25 cm.
- Representing the romantic hero : death and the dream of death -- The icon and the window : framing the social self and literary mediation -- The ineffable self in the landscape of language : a romantic mythology of the word -- Poetry as theater : taking the stage -- Enter the other : the author and his readers -- Sincere lies : irony and seduction in Hero of our time -- "Fierce integrity" : inner freedom and poetic potentials -- Living into language.
- 0810119315 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780810119314 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 491-539) and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the George K. and Anna I. Yonchuk and John G., Sr. and Agnes A. Yonchuk Libraries Endowment in Russian Studies; 20089.
- Endowment Note:
- George K. and Anna I. Yonchuk and John G., Sr. and Agnes A. Yonchuk Libraries Endowment in Russian Studies
View MARC record | catkey: 4543305