Preventing and managing workplace violence : legal and strategic guidelines / editor, Mark A. Lies II.
- Chicago, Ill. : American Bar Association, Section of State and Local Government Law, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 381 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lies, Mark A. and American Bar Association. Section of State and Local Government Law
- Introduction : the phenomenon of workplace violence / Richard V. Denenberg and Tia Schneider Denenberg -- Basic principles and concepts in threat assessment evaluations / Alan F. Friedman -- State legislation addressing workplace violence / Lynn Jenkins, Matt Bowyer, and John Howard -- Due process rights for public employees charged with workplace violence/ Michael H. LeRoy -- Discipline for off-duty conduct / Steven Bierig, Michelle Camden, and Brian Clauss -- Employer liability for workplace violence / Mark A. Lies II and James J. Powers -- Strategies for preventing workplace violence / Gary S. Cohen ... [et al.] -- The role of public employee unions in addressing workplace violence / Jonathan Rosen -- Responding to the epidemic of workplace violence in public sector health care and social services workplaces / Jane Lipscomb, Matthew London, and Kathleen McPhaul -- What employers can do to minimize the impact of domestic violence and stalking in the workplace -- Pam Paziotopoulos and Robin Runge -- Proactive planning : conducting a site security assessment for the public sector / Michael Crane and Jack F. Dowling -- The role of law enforcement in assisting employers with workplace violence / Richard A. Devine and Bridget Healy Ryan -- Worlplace violence : managing the crisis after a crisis / Larry Barton.
- 9781590319734 and 1590319737
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4543765