Ecological responses to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens [electronic resource] / Virginia H. Dale, Frederick J. Swanson, Charles M. Crisafulli, editors ; with a foreword by Jerry F. Franklin
- New York, NY : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume
- Additional Creators:
- Dale, Virginia H., Swanson, Frederick J. (Frederick John), 1943-, Crisafulli, Charles M., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Disturbance, Survival, and Succession: Understanding Ecological Responses to the 1980 Eruption of Mount St. Helens / Virginia Dale, Frederick Swanson, Charles Crisafulli -- Part V -- Ecological Perspectives on Management of the Mount St. Helens Landscape / Virginia Dale, Frederick Swanson, Charles Crisafulli -- Overview of Ecological Responses to the Eruption of Mount St. Helens: 1980-2005 / Charles Crisafulli, Frederick Swanson, Virginia Dale -- Geological and Ecological Settings of Mount St. Helens Before May 18, 1980 / Frederick Swanson, Charles Crisafulli, David Yamaguchi -- Physical Events, Environments, and Geological-Ecological Interactions at Mount St. Helens: March 1980-2004 / Frederick Swanson, Jon Major -- Plant Responses in Forests of the Tephra-Fall Zone / Joseph Antos, Donald Zobel -- Plant Succession on the Mount St. Helens Debris-Avalanche Deposit / Virginia Dale, Daniel Campbell, Wendy Adams, Charles Crisafulli, Virginia Dains, Peter Frenzen, Robert Holland -- Geomorphic Change and Vegetation Development on the Muddy River Mudflow Deposit / Peter Frenzen, Keith Hadley, Jon Major, Marc Weber, Jerry Franklin, Jasper Hardison, Sharon Stanton -- Proximity, Microsites, and Biotic Interactions During Early Succession / Roger del Moral, David Wood, Jonathan Titus -- Remote Sensing of Vegetation Responses During the First 20 Years Following the 1980 Eruption of Mount St. Helens: A Spatially and Temporally Stratified Analysis / Rick Lawrence -- Arthropods as Pioneers in the Regeneration of Life on the Pyroclastic-Flow Deposits of Mount St. Helens / John Edwards, Patrick Sugg -- Posteruption Arthropod Succession on the Mount St. Helens Volcano: The Ground-Dwelling Beetle Fauna (Coleoptera) / Robert Parmenter, Charles Crisafulli, Nicole Korbe, Gary Parsons, Melissa Kreutzian, James MacMahon -- Causes and Consequences of Herbivory on Prairie Lupine (Lupinus lepidus) in Early Primary Succession / John Bishop, William Fagan, John Schade, Charles Crisafulli -- Responses of Fish to the 1980 Eruption of Mount St. Helens / Peter Bisson, Charles Crisafulli, Brian Fransen, Robert Lucas, Charles Hawkins -- Amphibian Responses to the 1980 Eruption of Mount St. Helens / Charles Crisafulli, Louise Trippe, Charles Hawkins, James MacMahon -- Small-Mammal Survival and Colonization on the Mount St. Helens Volcano: 1980-2002 / Charles Crisafulli, James MacMahon, Robert Parmenter -- Mycorrhizae and Mount St. Helens: Story of a Symbiosis / Michael Allen, Charles Crisafulli, Sherri Morris, Louise Egerton-Warburton, James MacMahon, James Trappe -- Patterns of Decomposition and Nutrient Cycling Across a Volcanic Disturbance Gradient: A Case Study Using Rodent Carcasses / Robert Parmenter -- Lupine Effects on Soil Development and Function During Early Primary Succession at Mount St. Helens / Jonathan Halvorson, Jeffrey Smith, Ann Kennedy -- Response and Recovery of Lakes / Clifford Dahm, Douglas Larson, Richard Petersen, Robert Wissmar
- Description based on print version record.
Title from e-book title screen (viewed August 25, 2006).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 301-328).
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4561470