Genetics and regulation of nitrogen fixation in free-living bacteria [electronic resource] / edited by Werner Klipp [and others].
- Dordrecht ; Boston : Kluwer Academic Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 300 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Klipp, Werner
- Nitrogen fixation ; v. 2
- Preliminaries; TABLE OF CONTENTS; Preface; List of Contributors; Chapter 1. Historical Perspective -- Development of nif Genetics; Chapter 2. Genetics of Nitrogen Fixation and Related Aspects of Metabolism in Species of Azotobacter: History and Current Status; Chapter 3. Nitrogen Fixation in the Clostridia J.-S. Chen; Chapter 4. Regulation of Nitrogen Fixation in Methanogenic Archaea; Chapter 5. Nitrogen Fixation in Heterocyst-Forming Cyanobacteri; Chapter 6. N2 Fixation by Non-Heterocystous Cyanobacteria; Chapter 7. Nitrogen Fixation in the Photosynthetic Purple Bacterium.
- This book provides a comprehensive and detailed source of information on the genetic and regulatory aspects of biological nitrogen fixation in free-living (non-symbiotic) prokaryotes. Biological nitrogen fixation is represented in a diverse range of microorganisms, among which Klebsiella pneumoniae serves as a paradigm for the genetic analysis of diazotrophy, which is the ability to grow with N as sole nitrogen source.
6610460647 (electronic bk.)
9786610460649 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2004. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4561751