Cellular automata modeling of chemical systems [electronic resource] : a textbook and laboratory manual / Lemont B. Kier, Paul G. Seybold, Chao-Kun Cheng
- Kier, Lemont B. (Lemont Burwell)
- Additional Titles:
- Modeling chemical systems using cellular automata
- Dordrecht : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 175 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Seybold, Paul G. and Cheng, Chao-Kun
- Preliminaries; Contents; 1 Modeling Nature; 2 Cellular Automata; 3 Water as a System; 4 Solution Systems; 5 Dynamic Aqueous Systems; 6 Water Surface Effects; 7 First Order Chemical Kinetics; 8 Second Order Chemical Kinetics; 9 Additional Applications in Chemical Kinetics; 10 Use of the CASim Program; Index.
- Provides a practical introduction to an exciting modeling paradigm for complex systems. This book discusses the nature of scientific inquiry using models and simulations, and describes the nature of cellular automata models. It gives descriptions of how cellular automata models can be used in the study of a variety of phenomena.
- 9781402036903 and 1402036906
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4562035