- Science & technology education library ; v. 29
- Part 1 -- Bridging the Cartesian Divide: Science Education and Affect / Steve Alsop -- The Importance of Affect in Science Education / Michael Reiss -- Incalculable Precision: Psychoanalysis and the Measure of Emotion / Alice Pitt -- Section One -- Attitudes Toward Science: A Review of the Field / Martina Nieswandt -- Empowered for Action? How Do Young People Relate to Environmental Challenges? / Camilla Schreiner, Svein Sj©ıberg -- The Shifting Roles of Acceptance and Dispositions in Understanding Biological Evolution / Sherry Southerland, Gale Sinatra -- Section Two: -- Student Learning in Science Classrooms: What Role Does Motivation Play? / Christina Bonney, Toni Kempler, Akane Zusho, Brian Coppola, Paul Pintrich -- Practical Work and the Affective Domain: What Do We Know, What Should We Ask, and What is Worth Exploring Further? / Jerry Wellington -- Museums, Affect, and Cognition: The View from Another Window / Lynn Dierking -- Emotions and Science Teaching: Present Research and Future Agendas / Michalinos Zembylas -- Section Three: -- Active Science for Child Refugees / Frederic Perrier -- Orchestrating the Confluence: A Discussion of Science, Passion, and Poetry / Mike Watts -- From Despair to Success: A Case Study of Support and Transformation in an Elementary Science Practicum / Bonnie Shapiro -- Emotional Development, Science and Co-Education / Brian Matthews
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4562068