Managing closed-loop supply chains [electronic resource] / Simme Douwe P. Flapper, Jo A.E.E. van Nunen, Luk N. van Wassenhove, (eds.).
- Preliminaries; Contents; 1 Introduction; 2 Reverse logistics in a pharmaceutical company; 3 Reverse logistics in an electronics company the NEC CI case; 4 The chip in crate; 5 Recovery and reuse of maritime containers the Blue Container Line case; 6 Empty container reposition the port of Rotterdam case; 7 Commercial returns of sun-protection products; 8 Commercial returns of printers the HP case; 9 Commercial returns in a mail order company the Wehkamp case; 10 The repair of electronic equipment; 11 Tire recovery the RetreadCo case.
- Closed-Loop Supply Chains (CLSC) offers companies a unique opportunity to improve their profits whilst serving societal responsibility. The management of CLSC differs in a number of ways from managing supply chains in general. The book examines these differences and how these differences may be dealt with in practice.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -210).
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 4563383